“Because my job responsibilities take me in so many different directions, including problem solving and implementing solutions, there is never a dull moment at Beacon.”
- Get up at 6 a.m., check emails, and review my projects
- Hit the gym
- Organize my day by prioritizing open items
- Start the work day by either responding to clients or internal teams
- Decompress during a lunch break
- Spend time organizing and conducting administrative tasks such as updating internal Wiki and Confluence pages
- Touch base with other colleagues to get project updates and hear what’s going on in their worlds. From these conversations, take away new learnings.
- Finish what I’ve been working on and make a to-do list for tomorrow
- Post updates for the internal project teams and track my time
- Disconnect for the rest of the day by watching sports or meeting friends for dinner
Our team works on internal and external projects but I focus on large scale implementation projects. It’s all-encompassing as I work on everything that goes into running the project: organizing our SMEs, answering specific questions, assuring our internal teams are correctly allocated and project plans are updated and on track, raising concerns for high priority items, and making sure clients are happy with the implementation progress.
Great Startup Opportunities
I’ve been in the risk and portfolio management software vendor space my entire career so when I was approached by Beacon’s recruiting team, it was a really easy sell. I began talking with Beacon about the opportunity and as I learned more about the company, the thought of a development platform where a quant team can build on top, modify any of the calculations or the models, and host on the cloud was very appealing. For me, it was easy to pick Beacon vs. legacy technology.
What Motivates Me
I’m very passionate about learning and solving problems both professionally and personally. At Beacon, there are tons of opportunities for this because it’s a start-up and everyone wears a lot of hats. Being on the project management team enables me to take this to another level because I have access to and interaction with everyone at the company. One day I’m working with our platform engineers and learning about AWS environments; on another day I’m collaborating with our quant developer team to discuss pricing models. There’s always something new to learn and interesting tasks to tackle. Because my job responsibilities take me in so many different directions, from problem solving to implementing solutions, there is never a dull moment at Beacon.
Focus on getting my AWS certification.
Hip hop and pop
The newest show everyone is talking about and lots of sports.
Fooling Some of the People All of the Time (David Einhorn), Kitchen Confidential (Anthony Bourdain) and Inspired (Marty Cagan)
Paris and Siesta Key, Florida
A great steak and vegetables
My niece and nephew, Cleveland sports, traveling, modern art, golf, and lifting weights
Little Known Fact
I have an over 700-day streak learning French on Duolingo.
B.A.: University of Mount Union (Marketing and Quantitative Analysis) and MBA: The University of Akron (Finance)