Webinar: Exploring the Integration of CME’s Query-API with Beacon Platform
As the world’s leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace, CME Group is where the world comes to manage risk. Comprising four exchanges – CME, CBOT, NYMEX and COMEX – CME offers the widest range of global benchmark products across all major asset classes, helping businesses everywhere mitigate the myriad of risks they face in today’s uncertain global economy.
CME and Beacon Platform have integrated CME’s historical time series market data with Beacon’s next-generation quant technology, elastic cloud infrastructure, and front office applications. This integration with Beacon’s Core and Front Office Suite products provides clients with ready access to high-quality data for a wide range of derivatives.
In this webinar, CME Senior Data Platforms Analyst Jimmy Heinz and Beacon Senior Developer Justin Ho demonstrate the ease and power of adding CME’s high-quality data to Beacon through a series of real world examples, analyzing and pricing oil futures.
Please complete the form below to sign up and view our free webinar.
What we explored:
- Brief introduction to Beacon Platform and how it addresses recurring challenges across the financial industry
- CME DataMine overview, Query API Service, and ARMADA dataset
- Setting up CME’s API key for common use inside of Beacon
- Ingesting reference data for CME products and instruments
- Retrieving pricing data with CME’s Query API, plotting in Beacon Plot, and exploring potential opportunities
- Pricing futures trades with CME data in Trade Blotter, evaluating strategies with Strategy Backtester, and exploring Risk Reports
- Q&A with webinar participants